Friday, January 29, 2010

A group of nuns have lost their fight to prevent strippers from performing at a nightclub near their convent.

"...The club's application to extend its opening hours until 0400 GMT at weekends was rejected by the licensing committee, he added.
Earlier, the nuns had joined some Uckfield residents in criticising The Broadway's plans to host "occasional exotic dancing and striptease to music".
In a letter to the committee, one of the nuns, Sister Jepson, said: "Numerous younger college students use the High Street regularly and would be aware of its activities.  Can we suppose that the dancing entertainment and films are going to be Morris Men and Julie Andrews?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I sing. I dance with my eyes closed so you can't see what I'm thinking. I make music and like going to restaurants. I like naps, drink shots, eat meat and think that I can speak French (I can not). I'm capable and vulnerable. I have a good grip, and want to stand like a silhouette against the backdrop of my dreams. Oh and I'm into all kinds of stuff including but not limited to everything that currently exists.